The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: NFL Chat

By Wolfkill
4/30/2018 6:53 pm
Ritzi wrote:
To me Tannehil reminds me a lot of Bradford. Hyped QBs who just never lived up to expecations. And always the same excuses.

No both didnt have perfect Environments. And yes you cant blame them alone. Tough they never produced on a consistent basis. It doesnt matter if they have perfect Environments, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning (Peyton) and even Rivers didnt always have those Environments either, still they produce. Thats why you can win a SB because of them, QBs like Bradfort or Tannehil can only win one if they are in great Teams. Much like Kenum last Season.

Just my two Cents :-). Tannehil is not my Problem, thank good ;-).

Wish I had time to talk Tanny to ya'. Most sacked QB in his 1st 5 years, 3 HC's , worst rated oline in 4 of them. Forgot how many OC's they had...
Still his stats are pretty good, imagine that?
62.7 completion %
18,*** yards
106 TD's
66 INT's
86.5 passer rating

He'd be a starter on 20 other teams, yet everyone thinks it's his fault...? Yep, always the QB,lol. I get it

By TexansFan
5/04/2018 10:19 pm
Favorite team - Texans

Hate - Titans

Been a Houston football fan as far back as I can remember, and I just turned 40 in November. I hated that Bud Adams moved the team to Nashville, but he could've left the Oilers name and colors here in H-Town!!!!

By Gustoon
5/05/2018 2:14 am
Wolfkill wrote:
Ritzi wrote:
To me Tannehil reminds me a lot of Bradford. Hyped QBs who just never lived up to expecations. And always the same excuses.

No both didnt have perfect Environments. And yes you cant blame them alone. Tough they never produced on a consistent basis. It doesnt matter if they have perfect Environments, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning (Peyton) and even Rivers didnt always have those Environments either, still they produce. Thats why you can win a SB because of them, QBs like Bradfort or Tannehil can only win one if they are in great Teams. Much like Kenum last Season.

Wish I had time to talk Tanny to ya'. Most sacked QB in his 1st 5 years, 3 HC's , worst rated oline in 4 of them. Forgot how many OC's they had...
62.7 completion %
18,*** yards
106 TD's
66 INT's
86.5 passer rating

He'd be a starter on 20 other teams, yet everyone thinks it's his fault...? Yep, always the QB,lol. I get it

I don't disagree that not everything in paradise is his fault, but for me he's one of these players that just does enough for you to not want a change at QB but not enough to take you any further.
I 100% think they should have made a play for Rosen though and think they screwed up there.
In the next 2-3 years the afc east in going to up for grabs, draft Rosen and have him battle it out with Tanny, or sit him. That said I am so glad that Miami didn't make the move, lol can you imagine... Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold in the same div? :)

By Gustoon
5/05/2018 2:16 am
TexansFan wrote:
Favorite team - Texans

Hate - Titans

Been a Houston football fan as far back as I can remember, and I just turned 40 in November. I hated that Bud Adams moved the team to Nashville, but he could've left the Oilers name and colors here in H-Town!!!!

Love the passion. Yeah not quite sure how as a fan you cope with that

By bgedgerly
5/05/2018 6:19 am
Gustoon wrote:
Wolfkill wrote:
Ritzi wrote:

62.7 completion %
18,*** yards
106 TD's
66 INT's
86.5 passer rating

I don't disagree that not everything in paradise is his fault, but for me he's one of these players that just does enough for you to not want a change at QB but not enough to take you any further.
I 100% think they should have made a play for Rosen though and think they screwed up there.
In the next 2-3 years the afc east in going to up for grabs, draft Rosen and have him battle it out with Tanny, or sit him. That said I am so glad that Miami didn't make the move, lol can you imagine... Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold in the same div? :)

I think that 2018 will be remembered as the most overrated QB draft class in history. In order, I'd say that Mayfield will be alright, with his ceiling being Tony Romo. Darnold is an enigma to me, and while I hope he's abject trash, I think that he will be serviceable ala Andy Dalton. Josh Allen IS Kyle Boller 2.0, and I'd be betting the farm on him being the Angel of Death for at least 3 GMs and HCs in Buffalo. Rosen is a glass cannon, and I think you're looking at the second coming of Sam Bradford. Lamar Jackson is a guy that I desperately want to succeed, because I wanted the Dolphins to take him if they went QB, but I think his comparison, Michael Vick, is his absolute ceiling...which isn't shabby if he doesn't torture any animals.

I think out of all of the QBs, Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta are going to be the most successful, but I don't think that any of these guys are world-beaters. None of these are future Hall of Famers, and it wouldn't surprise me if we get less than 10 combined Pro Bowl appearances from the entire draft class. 1983, 2018 is not, but the Jets probably did get Ken O'Brien...

I think that the first rounders we are going to remember are Roquan Smith, Bradley Chubb, and Derwin James. Minkah Fitzpatrick will be good as well, but I don't think that he's on the level of the first three, and I'll list Tremaine Edmunds right under him.

By Gustoon
5/05/2018 11:54 am
bgedgerly wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Wolfkill wrote:
Ritzi wrote:

62.7 completion %
18,*** yards
106 TD's
66 INT's
86.5 passer rating

I think that 2018 will be remembered as the most overrated QB draft class in history. In order, I'd say that Mayfield will be alright, with his ceiling being Tony Romo. Darnold is an enigma to me, and while I hope he's abject trash, I think that he will be serviceable ala Andy Dalton. Josh Allen IS Kyle Boller 2.0, and I'd be betting the farm on him being the Angel of Death for at least 3 GMs and HCs in Buffalo. Rosen is a glass cannon, and I think you're looking at the second coming of Sam Bradford. Lamar Jackson is a guy that I desperately want to succeed, because I wanted the Dolphins to take him if they went QB, but I think his comparison, Michael Vick, is his absolute ceiling...which isn't shabby if he doesn't torture any animals.

I think out of all of the QBs, Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta are going to be the most successful, but I don't think that any of these guys are world-beaters. None of these are future Hall of Famers, and it wouldn't surprise me if we get less than 10 combined Pro Bowl appearances from the entire draft class. 1983, 2018 is not, but the Jets probably did get Ken O'Brien...

I think that the first rounders we are going to remember are Roquan Smith, Bradley Chubb, and Derwin James. Minkah Fitzpatrick will be good as well, but I don't think that he's on the level of the first three, and I'll list Tremaine Edmunds right under him.

Wow! I’m not going to comment on the other QBs but I’m don’t know how you’ve formulated your opinion on Sliggin Sammy.
17 out of the 32 teams that needed QB help rated Darnold as #1 overall, and for the life of me I can’t remember who said it, but reckons that’ Darnold is the best QB to come out in the last 3 years.
I guess we won’t know until 2019, but I’m extraordinarily happy with the situation at the green side of NY, we don’t have to start him but if he’s the best QB coming out of pre season ....

By bgedgerly
5/06/2018 9:06 am
Gustoon wrote:
bgedgerly wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Wolfkill wrote:
Ritzi wrote:

62.7 completion %
18,*** yards
106 TD's
66 INT's
86.5 passer rating

Wow! I’m not going to comment on the other QBs but I’m don’t know how you’ve formulated your opinion on Sliggin Sammy.
17 out of the 32 teams that needed QB help rated Darnold as #1 overall, and for the life of me I can’t remember who said it, but reckons that’ Darnold is the best QB to come out in the last 3 years.
I guess we won’t know until 2019, but I’m extraordinarily happy with the situation at the green side of NY, we don’t have to start him but if he’s the best QB coming out of pre season ....

Even if he is, he's up against who, Goff, Wentz, Trubiski, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer, and Lynch? Not exactly a murderer's row of talent. And I don't believe for a second, not one second, that Darnold would be anywhere higher than 3 if he was in the same class as Goff and Wentz. So much of the hype from this class was due to the fact that, other than Barkley and Mayfield, there weren't many 'sexy' prospects this year.

By Gustoon
5/07/2018 12:54 am
bgedgerly wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
bgedgerly wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Wolfkill wrote:
Ritzi wrote:

62.7 completion %
18,*** yards
106 TD's
66 INT's
86.5 passer rating

Even if he is, he's up against who, Goff, Wentz, Trubiski, Watson, Mahomes, Kizer, and Lynch? Not exactly a murderer's row of talent. And I don't believe for a second, not one second, that Darnold would be anywhere higher than 3 if he was in the same class as Goff and Wentz. So much of the hype from this class was due to the fact that, other than Barkley and Mayfield, there weren't many 'sexy' prospects this year.

I will endeavour to find this article that I read, it’s qiuite interesting and unbiased.
I listen to a ton of podcasts, not all Jets! ;). And the consensus from the talking heads IS that this was a very good QB class, wait til you see next seasons prospects!
Yep, time will tell ... when Sammy burns your terrible secondary :)

By Gustoon
5/07/2018 1:57 am
Here it is... just remember this was written pre-draft.

Top 10 QB prospects of past 3 NFL draft classes: Darnold No. 1
(By Daniel Jeremiah
NFL Media analyst
Published: March 19, 2018 at 01:46 p.m. Updated: March 19, 2018 at 02:21 p.m
)

Editor's note: NFL.com analyst and former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah of the Move The Sticks Podcast shares some of his scouting notes, including:

» A player projection for each of the 2018 NFL Draft picks that changed hands in a blockbuster weekend trade

But first, we kick off this week's notebook with Jeremiah's look at how this year's group of quarterback prospects stacks up against the top QB talents that have entered the league in the previous two drafts.

1) Sam Darnold, USC
Draft class: 2018
The skinny: I had very similar draft grades on each of the top four players on this list. However, I gave Darnold a slightly higher grade than Carson Wentz because of his durability and level of competition from college.

2) Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
Draft class: 2016; second overall pick, Philadelphia Eagles
The skinny: Wentz had an ideal skill set coming out of NDSU. His ability to drive the ball accurately and create with his legs made him a special prospect.

3) Josh Rosen, UCLA
The skinny: Rosen is the best pure passer in this time frame (2016-2018). His motion, footwork and arm talent are off the charts.

4) Jared Goff, Cal
Draft class: 2016; first overall pick, Los Angeles Rams
The skinny: Goff was very smooth and accurate at Cal. He was an effortless thrower and you've seen that carry over to the NFL.

5) Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
The skinny: Mayfield is the shortest member of this group (measured in at 6-foot 5/8 and 215 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine), but I gave him a strong grade based on his touch, playmaking ability and toughness.

6) Josh Allen, Wyoming
The skinny: Allen was an inconsistent performer at Wyoming, but his good moments are incredibly impressive. He is very capable of outplaying my draft grade.

7) Deshaun Watson, Clemson
Draft class: 2017; 12th overall pick, Houston Texans
The skinny: I had Watson as my highest-rated quarterback in last year's class, but based on early returns, I was way too low with my grade. I had concerns with his accuracy and decision making, but he cleaned up both areas last fall. He was off to a remarkable start as a rookie before suffering an ACL tear in November.

8) Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
Draft class: 2017; second overall pick, Chicago Bears
The skinny: I loved Trubisky's talent, but he had a very small sample size of production. He was a full-time starter for only one year at UNC, but his upside was tremendous.

9) DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
Draft class: 2017; 52nd overall pick (Round 2), Cleveland Browns
The skinny: I had a big grade on Kizer heading into his final year at Notre Dame, but he struggled mightily to maintain that level of play. I ended up dropping his grade prior to the 2017 draft and he landed in a really tough spot in Cleveland. He was rushed into action before he was ready to play, and the results weren't pretty. Now, he's getting a fresh start after being traded to the Green Bay Packers earlier this month.

10) Paxton Lynch, Memphis
Draft class: 2016; 26th overall pick, Denver Broncos
The skinny: Lynch was a polarizing player coming out of Memphis. His size, arm talent and athleticism were enticing, but I had concerns about the adjustment he would have to make from his college offense to an NFL system.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922045/article/top-10-qb-prospects-of-past-3-nfl-draft-classes-darnold-no-1

“The New York Jets, when Brady retires in two years – will have the quarterback who was No. 1 on virtually every other board not named Cleveland. Of my eight contacts that I use regularly in this league – head coaches, GMs, regional scouting directors – Darnold was No. 1 on every board. He was not a flawless prospect, but he is such a perfect fit for the New York Jets.”

Mike Mayock, NFL.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

via twitter..
[quote] @CharleyCasserly
I polled 24 teams and asked them who was their #1 rated QB - 17 teams had Sam Darnold number #1. Darnold was rated the highest QB coming into this season. @NFLDraft @nyjets @nflnetwork

Last edited at 5/07/2018 2:04 am

By Gustoon
5/07/2018 2:38 am
Best and worst picks day 1 - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000930190/article/best-and-most-worrisome-picks-from-the-2018-nfl-draft