The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: NFL Chat

By Pernbronze
11/19/2017 3:47 pm
49ers fan since the days of Rice and Young. Only 30 now so haha you old farts :p joking. Unfortunately been real frustrated with recent moves by ownership and leadership. I could handle them shipping Harbaugh out but when they fired Tomsula after doing great things with that devastated team it really ticked me off. And now with Bowman and bailing on Hoyer as he was playing okay but had receivers who dropped everything... its really driving me away. Starting to lean more to the Jaguars, I've loved their dedication to their players from Taylor to Smith to their coaches and Bortles.

By Gustoon
11/20/2017 4:10 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Maybe need to change the league name to the 'Old Codgers' league, haha seems like quite a lot of erm....mature players in here :)

Takes one to know one lol. I'm still south of 50 but not much.

I'm getting closer to the ton ;)

By Gustoon
11/20/2017 4:13 am
Quite odd, I started this league originally as a fans / owners of the team you own.

Thinking of maybe starting another league if I can at least fill it up half - three qtrs full .

Any interest?

By Beercloud
11/20/2017 1:12 pm
Packer fan since 1962.
Hate da Bears.
If we lose every game of the year except the two against the Bears, it's a good season.
I do have friends who are Bear fans that I go out and drink and watch the game with. So I guess it isn't all that much hate. Kind of a love/hate relationship if ya will.

This year I havent watched but a handful of plays while flipping through channels do to the national anthem deal. It just pissed me off. This is coming from someone who does throw foam bricks at the TV, someone who drove their new bride 2000+ miles across country in a beat up 68 Ford Fairlane on their honeymoon to see a pre-season Packers game in which they were 3-13 the years before. Yes she is still married to me 30 years later. lol And this is also the guy who has a signed super bowl hat by Ray Nitschke hanging in his man cave among other Packer stuff. I'm sure the players will get over it as will I and football life will go on.

Go Pack Go

By spazzm
11/20/2017 7:59 pm
Gustoon wrote:
Quite odd, I started this league originally as a fans / owners of the team you own.

Thinking of maybe starting another league if I can at least fill it up half - three qtrs full .

Any interest?

I am if i get the skins lol Been looking for a skins team but have not found one yet.

By Pernbronze
11/21/2017 6:34 pm
Gustoon wrote:

Any interest?

I've been pretty resistant to joining another league but if you made one I could handle one more.

By Gustoon
11/22/2017 5:04 am
Some interesting thoughts on a new league.

To test the water in here first I'm going to put up a waiting list and see how much interest there is.

By Gustoon
11/26/2017 2:36 pm
What are the Phins doing against the Pats here? Looks like they’re just rolling over

Carsen Wentz, like what I’m seeing so far, Kizer too

By setherick - League Admin
11/26/2017 3:04 pm
Gustoon wrote:
What are the Phins doing against the Pats here? Looks like they’re just rolling over

Carsen Wentz, like what I’m seeing so far, Kizer too

It's nice to see Dorsett get a catch. Maybe he's starting to finally buy in and will be comfortable with the offense by playoff time.

By Gustoon
11/27/2017 1:30 pm
Crazy season this year, it appears everyone can beat anyone