The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: NFL Chat

By Gustoon
4/29/2018 1:24 pm
Yep, the Bills would have had to have parted with multiple high picks which would have screwed them for at least the next 3 drafts.
I'm really happy with our draft, loved the late trade with the Colts as well

By Wolfkill
4/29/2018 2:45 pm
Fitzpatrick dropping into the Dolphins laps and getting the best TE in the draft? A+
They filled needs, I feel they did well.

By Gustoon
4/29/2018 3:35 pm
Another year with Tannenhill though :/

By Wolfkill
4/29/2018 5:43 pm
Goodness,lol
How many QB's on the Jets roster today?
Still searching, Gus...Still searching
Last edited at 4/29/2018 5:44 pm

By Wolfkill
4/29/2018 5:50 pm
TBH, I like Tanny. Any football fans (who understand) the game knows what he's been through in his career.
Every single media outlet says he's injury prone but was injured once. He came back too early because he forgone surgery the first time. Bad call on the teams part,tbh.
They didn't need a QB this year,they filled needs and didn't bite on the glamour QB's coming out.

As usual, it will take 2/3 seasons if ANY of those QB's are the real deal. Jets are crossing their fingers just like the others who took one.

By Mcarovil
4/30/2018 2:39 pm
For me it was the pre draft interview where someone asked him to name thebteama in the NFC North and he didn’t know a single one.

Wolfkill wrote:
TBH, I like Tanny. Any football fans (who understand) the game knows what he's been through in his career.
Every single media outlet says he's injury prone but was injured once. He came back too early because he forgone surgery the first time. Bad call on the teams part,tbh.
They didn't need a QB this year,they filled needs and didn't bite on the glamour QB's coming out.

As usual, it will take 2/3 seasons if ANY of those QB's are the real deal. Jets are crossing their fingers just like the others who took one.

By Gustoon
4/30/2018 3:00 pm
Wolfkill wrote:
Goodness,lol
How many QB's on the Jets roster today?
Still searching, Gus...Still searching

Come TC, 3 at a guess.
Last edited at 4/30/2018 3:01 pm

By Ritzi
4/30/2018 3:07 pm
To me Tannehil reminds me a lot of Bradford. Hyped QBs who just never lived up to expecations. And always the same excuses.

No both didnt have perfect Environments. And yes you cant blame them alone. Tough they never produced on a consistent basis. It doesnt matter if they have perfect Environments, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning (Peyton) and even Rivers didnt always have those Environments either, still they produce. Thats why you can win a SB because of them, QBs like Bradfort or Tannehil can only win one if they are in great Teams. Much like Kenum last Season.

Just my two Cents :-). Tannehil is not my Problem, thank good ;-).

By Ritzi
4/30/2018 3:10 pm
I have to admit that they are legit NFL QBs, the Position is very thin tough.

By Gustoon
4/30/2018 3:17 pm
Ritzi wrote:
To me Tannehil reminds me a lot of Bradford. Hyped QBs who just never lived up to expecations. And always the same excuses.

No both didnt have perfect Environments. And yes you cant blame them alone. Tough they never produced on a consistent basis. It doesnt matter if they have perfect Environments, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning (Peyton) and even Rivers didnt always have those Environments either, still they produce. Thats why you can win a SB because of them, QBs like Bradfort or Tannehil can only win one if they are in great Teams. Much like Kenum last Season.

Just my two Cents :-). Tannehil is not my Problem, thank good ;-).

AFCE is going to be interesting this season..

Pats - Are they done? Ask this every year :( But they look to be in pieces right now.
Bills - Are they really going into the season with McCarron as their #1 QB? Some odd moves there. For all his flaws I like the Josh Allen pick, although taken a bit too high for my liking.
Miami - I don't know where to start...I actually like what they did in the draft although I would have liked to have seen a WR taken.
Jets - If McCown starts (which I hope not, IMO a QB like Sammy needs to take his lumps) there is a chance we could challenge NE, we lost a few games by a small margin last year, but this team is being built for next season.

I don't think the top team and the bottom team will have too few Ws between them this season