League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: Lion's Grounds

By MasterMe
3/08/2022 11:40 pm
want him to play a little bit in the preseason, but Farkas and the guy I brought in should do enough to finish at least .500

By MasterMe
3/09/2022 10:48 am
In 2005, QB Michel Martin was traded from Washington to Detroit, Martin would go on to have the best season of his career, throwing for 57 TDs to 25 INTs for a completion % of 58.4% and a QBR of 99.92, Martin would go on have an amazing career and lead the league all-time in passing yards, you can currently find him at the number 1# spot on all-time leaders in passing, and going into the 2024 season, we can't wait to see how rookie QB Anthony Dillon lives up to Martin's legendary name

By raidergreg69
3/09/2022 12:36 pm
I try to draft my next QB while my current starter still has something left in the tank. My current starter Ronald Reagan didn't start until his 4th season because Jack Plummer was still going strong.

It doesn't always work that way, but that's how I prefer it. It's worked out good for me in this league except in the Super Bowl.

By MasterMe
3/11/2022 9:40 pm
Lions with a HUGE trade involving the Bucs, sending over a 4th and a 7th round pick for FS Jamie Kinney and QB Nathaniel Smith. After acquiring Nathaniel Smith, QB Jeremy Farkas, who has been with the team since 2020 following a trade with the Bucs, while with the Lions, he has attempted 1280 passes, completing 773 of those passes for a 60.39% completion percentage while scoring 34 TDs to 48 INTs and 7270 passing yards. out of his 4 seasons on the Lions, he got a QBR of 69.3 and started 3 out of the 4 seasons he was in Detroit, is expected to be cut right before the second pre-season game. The Detroit Front Office thanks him for his service and wish him well on the rest of his career.

-MasterMe
Last edited at 3/11/2022 10:24 pm

By MasterMe
3/14/2022 3:48 pm
Halfway through the 2024 pre-season, the Lions have been blowout by the Bronchos, losing 3-19 and being shut-out by the Titans in a 0-22 loss. The front office is not concerned and has implemented an offensive gameplay change, They have acknowledged that the loss of last year's 1,000-yard rusher Antiono Johnson in free agency to the Cardinals requires changes to the game plan in order to stay competitive in one of the hardest division in this league.
- MasterMe

By MasterMe
3/16/2022 11:09 am
This just in, Tony Mendonca will NOT be starting the last pre-season game, instead, Nathanial Smith will be starting and Anthony Dillion will be taking over late game. Despite the Lions being 0-3 in the pre-season, the Lions will be taking a chance with the two back-ups.

By MasterMe
3/18/2022 12:53 am
The Pre-Season has ended, bringing us a lot of news, The Lions finished 4th in the division but it was a sacrifice to learn what we had in our rookies and backups, as many of them are here for a year. Now let's look at the positives.

Positives:
Tony Mendonca looks like a constant above-average starter and Nathaniel Smith looks like an above-average backup, both are extremely accurate and can run the offense very well.

Richard Whitehair and Kenneth Council make an excellent backfield duo.

WR free agent pick-ups Frank Goad and James Chen look like hits.

Extending Oscar Vega's contract looks like a smart move.

Our secondary played a hot week 4 game.

Negatives:
Rookie QB Anthony Dillion and WR Shawn Gambrell are NOWHERE near ready to play at this level

Free-agent RB Micheal Johnston was a miss

The secondary was easily exposed weeks 1-3

Lots of money in dead cap

Lions brought in a lot of old players on 1-year deals

By MasterMe
3/19/2022 12:09 am
Lions are expecting to cut a ton of players, including signing a few new ones.

Also, huge week for the Lion's QB room, as NONE of them have started a game in the regular season. Can Tony "Terrific" Mendonca guide the 3 point underdog Lions to a win in his first start? The Lions Front Office believes so.

By MasterMe
3/19/2022 12:42 pm
BLOCKBUSTER TRADE:

5th year starting TE William Sharp and a 2027 2nd and 3rd round pick were traded to the Jets today for 2nd year CB Jason Burke. William Sharp was the 2nd leading WR in the 2024 preseason, he had 6 receptions on 10 passes for 47 yards and no TDs. We thank William Sharp for his service in Detroit and welcome Jason Burke with open arms. William Sharp was in Detroit for 2 seasons and in that time scored 4 TDs on 72 receptions for 545 yards

By hkpman7180
3/20/2022 10:55 pm
MasterMe wrote:
Lions are expecting to cut a ton of players, including signing a few new ones.

Also, huge week for the Lion's QB room, as NONE of them have started a game in the regular season. Can Tony "Terrific" Mendonca guide the 3 point underdog Lions to a win in his first start? The Lions Front Office believes so.

Well Terrific delivered the W.... Lions are all roaring..