League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

Re: NFL Chatter

By Gustoon - League Admin
11/15/2017 2:29 am
raidergreg69 wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Wow the Phins got their pants pulled down by the Panthers. Haven't seen the game , was it as one sided as the score suggests?

I can't watch Monday Night Football as I'm always working but I listen to it when I'm on deliveries. The first half was close until Jay Cutler threw an INT right before halftime, which Carolina turned into a TD. Instead of 10-7 at the half it was 17-7. Panthers got 2nd half kickoff, drove for a TD and the rout was on.

I'm just glad Kurt Warner was the color guy instead of Bummer Esiason. Every game Bummer does, he whines and moans about the mistakes he sees. That's fine right when it happens but Bummer(typos on purpose) just keeps on beating that dead horse.

Same old Cutler forcing the throw, needlessly, hard to come back from that scoreline right after the half.
Most commentary pisses me off, I have the Jets commentary on with Bob and Marty which for the best part is ok.

Hands down Chris Collingsworth is the worst by far, even worse that he's in Madden!

By Gustoon - League Admin
11/16/2017 6:12 am
I'm locking this thread and starting another in the main forum as this just gets lost in here.

By Wolfkill
11/25/2017 7:52 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
Idk about the Raiders looking very good before the season, that seems like media BS. I never did understand why signing Marshawn Lynch was supposed to make them better. Not only is he older than the previous starter, he has way more carries and was out of football for over a year.

Biggest problem I see on offense is the OL. Carr is being hit way too often, last season he was the least hit QB. When he does have time to throw, Cooper drops it like it's hot. Where would this team be without Richard Sherman's favorite WR, CRABTREE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH35C7Fhq0

You signed Skittles to be a bruiser and short yardage back, wasn't a bad signing at the time

By raidergreg69
11/26/2017 4:54 am
They signed Lynch because he's from Oakland and the Raiders needed to do something to keep the fans from revolting over the future relocation to Sin City. I may be in the minority but I would have preferred they kept Latavius Murray instead of going after Lynch.

It's all a moot point as the change at offensive coordinator has not helped, nor has all the dropped passes. The defense was already bad, Ken Norton Jr got fired and now the defense is pissed and still bad.

By Pernbronze
11/26/2017 11:32 am
I agree with you, I thought Murray was better just poorly used and coached and an easily fixable player. Their offensive coaching seems to have taken a hit from a on field discipline and play calling standpoint and Norton never should have been DC, hes a great LB coach but a horrible choice as a DC. The Raiders are one of the few teams I'd say have superbowl potential but they really do need to overhaul the coaching staff. Del Rio is a good coach but underneath him is always a mess, he just doesn't have the contacts and personality to put together a top to bottom quality coaching staff.