The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

Re: NFL Chatter

By setherick - League Admin
9/10/2017 9:34 am
With Alex Smith at QB, any offense is uninspiring. The problem with KC is that their consistency wins them games in the regular season, but in the post season, Smith is a liability because he won't take chances to win a game.

By Ritzi
9/10/2017 10:28 am
You are definitly right about Smith and the Offense :-).

By Gustoon
9/10/2017 11:22 am
Ritzi wrote:
I think its a bit early to count the defending SB Champs out, at least as long as their Coach is named Belichick and their QB Brady...

They just lost to a very good Team, i also think the Chiefs are very underrated. A few days ago i placed a bet that KC will win at least 9 games - a bet i fell very comfortable with. I mean when was the last time the Chiefs didnt have a winning record? I think the only Thing that held them back in the last few years has been a uninspiring offense. If they can fix that...

I'm many things but not that foolish! Just notes and gut feelings that I picked up during their games. Wishful thinking? You bet!

By Pernbronze
9/10/2017 7:15 pm
setherick wrote:
With Alex Smith at QB, any offense is uninspiring. The problem with KC is that their consistency wins them games in the regular season, but in the post season, Smith is a liability because he won't take chances to win a game.

Last night was proof they have been working on that, Smith was throwing down field a lot more and was extremely accurate meaning they've been working on it during the offseason. I think Mahomes might have improved Smith as much as Smith is improving Mahomes.

By Pernbronze
9/10/2017 7:18 pm
Also something we all already knew, **** those 49ers ****. Though in seriousness they actually got a boatload of potential and talent and could do what they wanted to the Panthers when they were focused.... but that was very rare, drops missed throws, missed blocks, bad cutbacks on runs (taken or not), missed picks. And the refs clearly called the game in favor of the Panthers missing blatant pass interference and holding. As well as at least one clear late hit.

By Pernbronze
9/10/2017 7:19 pm
raidergreg69 wrote:
New England got 1st and goal at the 2 because there were offsetting penalties. We didn't hear the referee but Cris or Al mentioned the offsetting penalties during the time I was staring at my TV trying to figure out why the ball was still on the 2.

The nut shot, I have no clue as I had all kinds of distractions at that time. Kelce loves stupid penalties.

The dude was choking Kelce as he was on top of him intentionally. So when he released him and started walking over him I'm not surprised at all Kelce tossed him, I'm surprised it wasn't a punch.

By raidergreg69
9/11/2017 1:02 am
Pernbronze wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:
New England got 1st and goal at the 2 because there were offsetting penalties. We didn't hear the referee but Cris or Al mentioned the offsetting penalties during the time I was staring at my TV trying to figure out why the ball was still on the 2.

The nut shot, I have no clue as I had all kinds of distractions at that time. Kelce loves stupid penalties.

The dude was choking Kelce as he was on top of him intentionally. So when he released him and started walking over him I'm not surprised at all Kelce tossed him, I'm surprised it wasn't a punch.

I didn't see the choking, God forbid NBC points it out. Second guy is mostly the one who gets caught.
Last edited at 9/11/2017 1:03 am

By Ritzi
9/12/2017 4:30 pm
So what do you guys think of the monday night games? Especially NO at MIN, will the NO offense Rebound? I think yes (they played against a very good defense), but im happy i dindt touch this RBs in Fantasy tough. But whats about the Vikings offense? Im not sure about that one. On one side they probably had more offensive big Plays in that game than in the hole last Season. But they played against a very poor defense (probably the defensive Version of the Jets offense - for years ;-) and im happy i didnt touch These Players in Fantasy too.

By Pernbronze
9/12/2017 8:30 pm
Ritzi wrote:
So what do you guys think of the monday night games? Especially NO at MIN, will the NO offense Rebound? I think yes (they played against a very good defense), but im happy i dindt touch this RBs in Fantasy tough. But whats about the Vikings offense? Im not sure about that one. On one side they probably had more offensive big Plays in that game than in the hole last Season. But they played against a very poor defense (probably the defensive Version of the Jets offense - for years ;-) and im happy i didnt touch These Players in Fantasy too.

I'm going to go with the Vikings passing attack was legit mostly because Bradford was not only getting it to the receivers but putting it in the perfect spot which even in good coverage would have been completions. I don't think the run game will look as good against a good defense though. Most of the Vikings rushing yards were because the defense was out of position. The Saints offense is anyones guess but I'm thinking it was more the Vikings defense playing well than the Saints offense being horrible. The play calling was a little irritating on both sides though.

By Gustoon
9/18/2017 1:20 am
45-20, an *** kicking by the Raiders, BUT trying to take a positive thought out of this, there were some nice signs to be encouraged by. The rookies all played well and John Mortons (OC) offense looked good at times.
However the D leaves much to be pondered about, this is meant to be our strength and I don't know if they have some kind of 'whats the point' attitude in their mindset but they just never looked like they could stop anything.
On the Raiders, they look good, not polished but good. Lynch looks completely reborn and NASTY!
Jets being the Jets, no doubts we will pick up enough wins to NOT get the #1 pick overall and end up drafting Mark Sanchez II