The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Off-Topic

NFL Chatter

By Gustoon
9/08/2017 2:17 am
Put it all in here!

Re: NFL Chatter

By Beercloud
9/08/2017 1:14 pm
really not understanding a couple of penalties last night. I think the owners are drunk sometimes when they make these rules.

The Patriots are on the 1 yd line and they get a holding call that puts them all the way back to the 2 yd line?

The Chiefs had the ball 2nd and 1 to go for the first and get an unsportsmanlike penalty. Which puts them back to 2nd and 11? Maybe hitting a guy in the nuts is only 10 yds now? lol

By raidergreg69
9/08/2017 2:34 pm
New England got 1st and goal at the 2 because there were offsetting penalties. We didn't hear the referee but Cris or Al mentioned the offsetting penalties during the time I was staring at my TV trying to figure out why the ball was still on the 2.

The nut shot, I have no clue as I had all kinds of distractions at that time. Kelce loves stupid penalties.

By Gustoon
9/08/2017 2:59 pm
Tell you what, I think the Pats pass protection is going to get Brady killed.
I also think KC exposed just how fragile their egos are, once they went behind the heads went down, can we play them now please!

By Mcarovil
9/08/2017 3:19 pm
I found it humorous that collingworth had to make excuses that the Pats... had their defensive leaders out due to injury......they take a look at week one and plug in players to roll through the season, yada yada. Just say they got their *** kicked by a younger, faster, and more determined team. Excuses are like aholes. Everyone has em and they all stink.

By setherick - League Admin
9/08/2017 9:13 pm
Collinsworth is the reason that I start to watch NFL games on mute: https://deadspin.com/5357994/cris-collinsworth-likes-his-ladies-very-young-and-extremely-stupid

By Gustoon
9/09/2017 5:53 am
setherick wrote:
Collinsworth is the reason that I start to watch NFL games on mute: https://deadspin.com/5357994/cris-collinsworth-likes-his-ladies-very-young-and-extremely-stupid

He's the reason I stopped buying Madden.

By martinwarnett
9/09/2017 10:25 am
Gustoon wrote:
I also think KC exposed just how fragile their egos are, once they went behind the heads went down, can we play them now please!

I know like most people you're happy the Pats were exposed but can you just, I dunno,inject a bit of realism here? Playing the Pats now would just hold them to 20 points rather than 40 points.

Every college QB is now going to throw an int every pass to avoid being picked by the Jests.

By Gustoon
9/10/2017 2:24 am
martinwarnett wrote:
Gustoon wrote:

I know like most people you're happy the Pats were exposed but can you just, I dunno,inject a bit of realism here? Playing the Pats now would just hold them to 20 points rather than 40 points.

Every college QB is now going to throw an int every pass to avoid being picked by the Jests.

I've watched every pre season game of the Pats and this is the least talented bunch I've seen for a while, so yeah I would like to play them now before they 'work it out'

By Ritzi
9/10/2017 9:29 am
I think its a bit early to count the defending SB Champs out, at least as long as their Coach is named Belichick and their QB Brady...

They just lost to a very good Team, i also think the Chiefs are very underrated. A few days ago i placed a bet that KC will win at least 9 games - a bet i fell very comfortable with. I mean when was the last time the Chiefs didnt have a winning record? I think the only Thing that held them back in the last few years has been a uninspiring offense. If they can fix that...