League Forums

Main - Team News

Agony in Cincy

By Kenchi
10/13/2017 11:03 am
The Bengals Quarterback problems continue to be major concern to, not only the Coaching Staff, but also to the fan base.

Veteran QB Virgil Carter, during last season's campaign, finished the season with a rating of 66.14 while having 454 attempts and only completing just 209 passes (46%), 23 TD's and is not quick enough to outrun many Pass Rushers (62 sacks for -394 lost yards), 24 INT's.

Rookie Greg Cook had 90 attempts with 29 completions for 32.2% and 384 total yards. He was sacked 10 times for -77 yds, 0 TD's and 5 INT's for a 23.56 QB Rating.

What's funny, is the fact, that RB Paul Robinson went in at the QB position in today's game and threw a single pass (I believe he felt he needed to show them how to score a TD) a 29 yard TD strike to FB Pete Johnson.

Our top draft pick , QB Kenny Anderson walked out of TC, after his poor showing and is now in the process of returning to the team, after being cut. Negotiations are ongoing.

Four other players were cut after TC due to very poor showings. They were FS Ryan Hall (Iowa), FB William Perkins (Alcorn State), WLB Juan Ray (Maryland), and RDE Wilson Whitley (Other). So needless to say, the Draft didn't go quite as well as we had hoped.

We need to address our Scouting Department (that would be me!) to figure out the system as to find out how the Volitility rating effects the Draft of players.

I can't find much help in the forums, I'm sick of wasting my time trying to figure it all out. I assume it's there somewhere! Until I find it, I feel I'm just useless to help this team.

Re: Agony in Cincy

By Mcarovil
10/13/2017 9:23 pm
Your rivals have an extra QB waiting in the wings.....

Re: Agony in Cincy

By Gustoon - League Admin
10/14/2017 1:26 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Your rivals have an extra QB waiting in the wings.....

Ha ha , ouch!

NYJ have a extra QB too