League Forums

Main - Team News

Dallas DE light

By greyghost1225
9/26/2017 1:02 am
Lol, some of you are in other leagues with me and know I normally get a franchise going in the right direction and usually start winning. When I looked at this team I didn't realize the challenges and pain this was going to cause. I am up to the task, but man is this going to hurt. lol

Re: Dallas DE light

By Gustoon - League Admin
9/26/2017 1:30 am
Ha ha , yeah I'm sure Wolfkill can empathise with you

By greyghost1225
10/01/2017 12:07 am
Well Day One has come and gone in D-land and it has been an eventful day. The new ownership of Dallas has taken hold. The Cowboys had 4 number one picks and made several deals through out the day.

Draft Picks Day 1

1. RB Grant Sassar- Ownership had their mind made up on this pick as soon they took control of the franchise. A much needed multiple offensive threat, expected to make an immediate impact.
2. LB Howard Reeves- Although there are injury concerns, this is another player expected to step up. He has the speed and quickness to fit our scheme in Dallas.
3. QB John Dodd- A bit of a reach in the first round, but we needed someone with the strength to get the ball to the receivers downfield.
4. LB Ronald Dyess- Dyess was one of our favorites going in and the time seemed right. Dyess, Reeves, and the acquistion of Jeff Harper yesterday, this is a good young solid core at linebacker.

The Aftermath
As soon as the Dyess pick was made, Dallas continued to maintain their active presence on day 1.

Dallas sent their 4th and 6th pick to the Texans for CB Timothy Bohan. Bohan will start at CB and adding the veteran will help continue our building of hopefully a solid defense.

Dallas looking at moving up in the middle rounds made a couple of deals. Hooking up with the Texans again, they dealt the first pick of the 3rd round and 7th round for Houston's 3rd(17) and 4th round(6)

Dallas then traded down and added a pick as they sent a 2nd round(27) to the Bills in exchange for the Bills 3rd round(14) and 4th round(16)

We are always looking at strengthening our squad. We always look at deals that may benefit both teams. We are in constant negotiations.

Last edited at 10/01/2017 12:08 am

By Gustoon - League Admin
10/01/2017 12:48 am
How about them Cowboys?!

Great job

By greyghost1225
10/02/2017 11:57 pm
Day 2
A calm front office after the flurry of activity of Day 2. The front office did remain focused on the task at hand.

Round 2(1) DE Steven Dickerson- Dallas was elated the standout from Purdue was there for the taking. Ownership thought he may go mid to late first and jumped when he was available. Dickerson will bring speed and strength and provide a building block on the Dline for the future.

Round 2(7)- TE Daryl Shoup- Dallas was looking for a quick TE with some receiving skills and may have found them with Shoup. After primarily focusing on the defensive side of the ball Dallas jumped to improving their receiving corp.

Earlier Dallas did make a minor deal with Tampa exchanging some late and future picks.
Last edited at 10/02/2017 11:58 pm

By greyghost1225
12/06/2017 11:43 am
2002 Free Agent Kickoff

Dallas looking for an improvement continues their rebuild with 4 first day free agent signings, adding to both sides of the ball.

MLB Derrick Collier(4 yrs., 41 mil)
Collier will bring much needed veteran leadership to a much improved LB corp. The disappointment in the development of former 1st round pick Howard Reeves prompted the move. Fan favorite Ronald Dyess will move to SLB with the Collier acquisition, Reeves will fit at a position, we are just not sure at which one. Collier had 102 tackles, 7 sacks, and 2 ints in 2001.

Lester Hayes(4 yrs., 24 mil)
The arrival of Hayes is a huge uplift for a secondary who left much to be desired in 2001. He will take over the #1 CB spot and has shown his ability to cover any WR in the league. His 73 tackles and 7 ints. will be some much needed relief on the defensive side of the ball.

WR Homer Ryan(4yrs, 19 mil) WR Keith Solis(4 yrs. 27 mil)
Offensive weapons were a major concern last season outside the Sasser, Shoup, Butler and the mid season arrival of QBLee there was a serious playmaker depth shortage. We hope that the addition of 2 top wideouts such as Ryan and Solis will help fill that void.

The Cowboys are constantly looking at improving, so as the new management has shown in 2001, we will re-evaluate with every move which will hopefully push us to .500 in 2002.