The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Waiver Wire

By hkpman7180
5/20/2019 9:03 am
Do anyone know how it works?

Re: Waiver Wire

By punisher
5/21/2019 12:37 pm
from JDB

jdavidbakr wrote:
Until the halfway point in the season, the previous season is used to consider the teams for the waiver wire order. So if you had a very good season last year and/or the other team had a very bad season last year, you'll be lower on the waiver wire priority list than they will be. Also, if you are awarded a claim, you go to the end of the list (so if only you and the #1 team place a claim on two different players, you would get one and the other team would get the other) Not sure which of those might be the reason you didn't get the claim you were shooting for.

thread = https://usflwfl.myfootballnow.com/community/1/4105?page=1#26295

jdavidbakr wrote:

The order that players get processed through the waiver wire is undefined, so it's more or less random.

thread = https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/community/3/5622?page=1#33876

By hkpman7180
5/22/2019 5:38 am
Thanks.... in which case i have more question as I put the claims on bunch of players .... but did not got any...... while Browns who actually made to SuperBowl got the player......

No big deal just wanted to understand the process which seems to be even more confusing now.

By punisher
5/22/2019 1:57 pm
hkpman7180 wrote:
Thanks.... in which case i have more question as I put the claims on bunch of players .... but did not got any...... while Browns who actually made to SuperBowl got the player......

No big deal just wanted to understand the process which seems to be even more confusing now.

i dont think there is a any rhyme or reason for that happening .

Ok i dont know what i am talking about when i said the above sentence parently there is a reason when 1 team gets them

jdavidbakr wrote:
The player has no choice if he is picked up off the waiver wire. It is 100% based on the reverse seeding order discussed elsewhere, and if a team gets a player off the waiver wire then it goes to the end of the list. If a good team gets a waiver pickup, then they happened to be the lowest seed asking for that player when that player's number came up.

thread = https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/community/5/5698?page=1#34330
Last edited at 5/22/2019 2:16 pm

By Cjfred68
5/23/2019 12:26 am
Playoffs have NOTHING to do with the waiver wire order. You went 14-2 last season which was tied for the best record with my team Washington. So you are either 31st or 32nd in waiver wire order depending on tiebreaker with me. So Cleveland at 11-5 last year should have gotten a player before you.

Now that we are past 8 games. You are tied for best record this season with Washington and NY(N) so you are either 30th,31st or 32nd for waiver wire.

The waiver wire is designed for teams with bad records to pick up players to improve their roster not for the best teams to get better
Last edited at 5/23/2019 12:29 am

By Cjfred68
5/23/2019 12:42 am
Tampa Bay put claims on 5 players and each was denied

RB STEINER TO VIKINGS 5-11
SS MORGAN TO CHARGERS 5-11
TE HENDRICKSON TO PACKERS 5-11
QB THAYER TO BROWNS 11-5
DT GOODWIN TO RAIDERS 13-3

TB was 14-2

By hkpman7180
5/23/2019 8:40 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
Playoffs have NOTHING to do with the waiver wire order. You went 14-2 last season which was tied for the best record with my team Washington. So you are either 31st or 32nd in waiver wire order depending on tiebreaker with me. So Cleveland at 11-5 last year should have gotten a player before you.

Now that we are past 8 games. You are tied for best record this season with Washington and NY(N) so you are either 30th,31st or 32nd for waiver wire.

===> Thanks a bunch for this.. its explains.... and make sense too.

The waiver wire is designed for teams with bad records to pick up players to improve their roster not for the best teams to get better

By hkpman7180
5/23/2019 8:40 am
hkpman7180 wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:

===> Thanks a bunch for this.. its explains.... and make sense too.

Thanks a bunch ...... make 100% sense